Sunday, January 31, 2010

What are you bad at?

There are some people that are really good at knowing what they do well.
The question is, do you know what you can't do well?
I mean do you really know the areas in your life that you suck in?
The answer to this question may not seem important but, it really is value added. When you know what you are bad at then, you can use that to become great in the areas where you are strong.

Being bad in one area ensures that you will excel in another.

Here is an example, I cannot sing or dance. In fact I am worse than terrible in those areas (if that is even possible). However, I am a fantastic leader and an outstanding problem solver. As a result I focus on the areas that I perform well in. It makes no sense for me to waste time on singing or dancing lessons because I am tone deaf and I have 2 left feet. Therefore, I focus all of my time and energy on honing my craft.

Might I suggest that you do the same.

The first step is to fill in the blank:
1. I am good at ________________________.
2. I am bad at _________________________.

Now, don't waste anymore time trying to be good at being bad. Focus on becoming extraordinary in the area that you were meant to succeed in.

Dr. Donna
www.askdrdonna.com

No comments:

Post a Comment